The Barrow Group Theatre Company and Acting School
Founded in 1986, The Barrow Group is an award winning (https://barrowgroup NULL.org/theatre-company/awards) non-profit Off-Broadway theatre company, acting studio / school & arts center located in the heart of New York City.
The Barrow Group Acting School / Studio (https://barrowgroup NULL.org/acting-school) offers courses in acting, directing and playwriting. These NYC and Brooklyn acting classes include: scene study studio intensives, monologue workshop, solo-show performance workshop, script analysis, alexander technique, theatrical clown, voice, shakespeare, beginner/beginning/ amateur, and teen/tween/kids/youth classes. The TBG School also offers a 1.5-year acting program, a 1-year directing program, and a 6-week summer acting program. The Barrow Group Acting School is considered one of the best performing arts training schools and studios in New York; read industry and student testimonials here.
The Barrow Group Theatre Company (https://barrowgroup NULL.org/theatre-company) produces NY Off-Broadway and developmental productions.
TBG Arts Center (https://barrowgroup NULL.org/arts-center): 3 studios, a 40-seat theater, and a 99-seat theater available for rental in midtown Manhattan NY.
Read what the NYC press has to say (https://barrowgroup NULL.org/theatre-company/press)about the Barrow Group Theatre Company productions and acting approach.
Barrow Group School, Class & Production Philosophy
· Acting is easy.
· The best technique is invisible.
· Unplanned behavior is usually much more interesting than planned behavior.
· There is no one “way” to approach acting. It’s all about finding whatever works.
Celebrated Alumni and Company Members
· Anne Hathaway: Oscar Winner; Les Miserables, Rachel Getting Married
· Vera Farmiga: Oscar Nominee; Up in the Air, The Departed
· Denis O’Hare: Award-Winning Actor; True Blood, Duplicity, Milk, Michael Clayton
· Michael Stahl-David: My Generation, Cloverfield
· Tony Hale: Emmy Winner; Veep; Arrested Development, Stranger than Fiction
· Seth Barrish: Award-winning Director & Actor; Sleepwalk With Me, My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend, The Tricky Part, All the Rage, Damages
· Lee Brock: Award-Winning Actress; Tadpole, Remember Me, Law and Order
· Jennifer Landon: Three-time Emmy Award Winner; As the World Turns
· Allen Coulter: Hollywoodland, The Sopranos
· Martin Moran: OBIE winner for The Tricky Part, Lucille Lortel winner for All the Rage, Spamalot, Cabaret
· Monique Gabriela Curnen: The Unusuals, The Dark Knight, Lie To Me
· Ron Piretti: Broadway Fight Choreographer
· Marcia Debonis: Letters to Juliet, The Truman Show
· Zach Booth: Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist, Damages
· Stephen Singer: Sopranos, Rescue Me, Don Juan DeMarco, Iceman Cometh
· Meredith Hagner: As the World Turns, Going the Distance, Lights Out
· Tom Riis Farrell: Sleepless in Seattle, Scent of a Women, Almost Famous
· Larry Lau: All My Children, As the World Turns
· Wayne Duvall: O Brother Where Art Thou, Apollo 13
· Larry Clarke: In and Out, The Informant
· Poorna Jagannathan: Amnesty International Award Winner; Delhi Belly, Royal Pains, Peace Love & Misunderstanding