Teacher Spotlight: Laura Cornachio

Doug GoldringCommunity, Training

We’d love to introduce you to one of our incredible TBG teaching artists, Laura Cornachio! Check out our interview with her below… — What do you enjoy most about teaching? LC:  I love when I can see a lightbulb go off with a student. Whether it’s after I’ve thrown them …

Lee Brock

Lee Brock: Creating in Dark Times

Doug GoldringCommunity

Bombs are hitting Israel; the war’s raging in the Ukraine; Afghanistan has one of the deadliest earthquakes in history, killing 2,440 people; Libya has a catastrophic flood, killing 11,000; America has no House Speaker; I am teaching an acting class in New York City. A student asks, “How do we …

Teacher Spotlight: Alyson Schacherer

Doug GoldringCommunity, Training

We’d love to introduce you to one of our incredible TBG teaching artists, Alyson Schacherer! Check out our interview with her below… — What do you enjoy most about teaching? AS:  The students! I meet such rad people. That we get to spend time together each week dedicated to creativity, process, …

Winter 2024 Actor Auditions for 1-Year Directing Program

Farrah CraneCommunity, Training

Open Call – Actor auditions for TBG’s 1-Year Directing Program winter scene work. Actors are needed for scene work  in our 1-Year Directing Program with Seth Barrish and Lee Brock. Actors must be available for in class facilitated rehearsals on several Mondays between 6:30-9:30pm January 22 – March 25. In-Person Auditions …

Lee Brock

Lee Brock: The Power of Spontaneity

Doug GoldringCommunity

I’m standing in a dark, loud bar in Edinburgh. The place smells of moldy carpet and cigarettes. My shoes stick to the alcohol-stained floor. I’m waiting to enter the Monkey Bar with seven of my fellow cast members from 17 Minutes to see Julia Masli’s show ha ha ha ha …

Lee Brock

Lee Brock: On Community

Doug GoldringCommunity

I’m walking down a circular stairwell of the National Museum of Scotland. Every inch of the stone walls surrounding the staircase is plastered with posters — thousands of them, representing 3,000 shows. I’ve just finished performing in The Barrow Group’s offering, Scott Organ’s 17 Minutes. A woman, who is crying, …

TBG Growing Community logo

Growing Community: It’s Time to Grow

Doug GoldringCommunity, TBG Updates

We are so fortunate to serve the wonderful artists and patrons in our community, and enthusiasm for our programming has been so strong that we have already outgrown our current space. We have too few studios to meet the demands of our training program, resulting in over 1,000 waitlisted students. …