First and foremost, we hope you are safe and well at this time of great uncertainty. Our community of artists, students, and audiences has always thrived on coming together to share in stories that uplift and inspire, and even though we can’t be physically together at this time, please know that we are still inspired and uplifted by your compassion, dedication to your craft, and perseverance. We are committed to continuing to offer opportunities for you to keep that spirit alive with TBG. We are closely monitoring all information and updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), including all medical and governmental recommendations that will help to keep everyone in our TBG and the broader community safe.
With that in mind, we want to inform you that one of our students, who attended a class on Tuesday, March 10 in our physical location, has tested positive for the coronavirus. We will be alerting those who came in close contact with this individual of this news directly. If you experience any symptoms of the virus, we suggest you review these guidelines from NYC Health or reach out directly to your primary care doctor.
Out of an abundance of caution, we have decided that The Barrow Group’s physical location, which is currently closed, will remain closed through April 19. The situation is evolving daily so please keep checking your email and our website for updates.
- We are in the process of postponing the start date of many of our spring classes to April 20. If you have already signed up for one of our spring classes, you will be contacted shortly about this change.
- Many of our remaining winter classes will be held online (please email email@example.com or call 212-760-2615 should you have any questions). We are excited about this opportunity to engage with our community in a new and different way. The classes that have already taken place via Zoom have been great. Your patience, flexibility, and enthusiasm have been wonderful!
- The March 20 and 27 Artist Performance Residencies are postponed to a later date that is still to be determined.
- The New Vision Festival, scheduled to start April 10, is postponed to a later date that is still to be determined.
- The Spring Benefit has moved to Tuesday, May 12.
- We’re excited to share with you in the coming days our online programming that will offer ways to stay connected and stay creative from the comfort of your home. Keep checking the website and check your email for these opportunities!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions about any of the above. As mentioned previously, please email email@example.com for all questions about classes (registrations, online classes, cancellations, etc.). If you’re having trouble accessing your online class, you can also call 212-760-2615 for immediate assistance. Please note that it may take us longer than normal to respond. As you can imagine, we are receiving a large volume of calls and emails. Our staff is working diligently to respond to everyone as quickly as possible and we deeply appreciate your patience as we navigate all this change.
The Barrow Group remains dedicated to serving as a center of creativity and inspiration for all, and we look forward to re-opening and serving the public in-person as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you all to stay in touch with us on social media (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter). Please tag us (@thebarrowgroup) to share how you’re staying creative or just say hi! On behalf of all of us here at The Barrow Group, thank you for your patience and understanding.
Executive Director, The Barrow Group