Dear TBG Community,
We hope this email finds you healthy and well in these challenging times.
We’re writing to let you know that we plan to keep The Barrow Group’s physical space closed this summer. We’ve made this difficult decision based on Governor Cuomo’s announcement that theaters and schools will be the last industry sector to re-open, as well as our priority to keep our students, patrons, staff, artists, and faculty as safe as possible. We are keeping a close eye on CDC announcements and look forward to returning to our arts center as soon as possible.
While we remain physically closed, we will continue to serve our community to the best of our ability:
- We will continue to offer online classes for this summer, including virtual youth camps, a 6-week intensive with Seth Barrish and Lee Brock, a six-week actor craft expansion program, as well as individual classes in acting, writing, and directing.
- Our full list of summer online classes will be added in the next few weeks. Watch your email and/or check our website frequently for new offerings.
- We will continue to offer our free weekly community programming:
- We are also launching two new initiatives:
- “Essential Stories”
- TBG Co-Artistic Director Seth Barrish, internationally acclaimed for his work directing solo-shows, will partner with individuals working on COVID-19 from the front line, helping them to shape and share compelling, important stories based on their experiences facing the pandemic.
- The goal is to share and archive these essential stories, to spread awareness of what these individuals are going through, and serve as artifacts for any future pandemics.
- “Restorative Stories”
- We are working with our community of artists and students (youth and adult) to craft and self-tape meaningful, inspiring stories, which we will share out on our website and social media.
- The goal is to create, collect, and share these stories to offer New Yorkers and the broader TBG community inspiring, heart-warming stories that celebrate our shared humanity in these challenging times.
- “Essential Stories”
We look forward to seeing you online and are grateful for this technology that helps keep us connected.
Thank you, all. We continue to wish you the very best!
Seth Barrish, Lee Brock, and Robert Serrell
The Barrow Group remains dedicated to serving as a center of creativity and inspiration for all, and we look forward to re-opening and serving the public in-person as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you all to stay in touch with us on social media (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter). Please tag us (@thebarrowgroup) to share how you’re staying creative or just say hi!