“I spent three years at one of the top graduate conservatory programs. It wasn’t until I started studying at The Barrow Group that I really fell in love with acting.”
–Krisitin Fiorella, actress, “Curse of the Starving Class”
• All payments are non-refundable (unless TBG cancels a class).
• Full payment or a deposit of 50% is required in advance in order to secure your spot in a class. The remaining balance is due before the first day of class; otherwise, the credit card on file while automatically be charged the balance on the first day.
• Commitment is for the duration of the session. THERE ARE NO CREDITS OR REFUNDS FOR MISSED CLASSES. If you discontinue any class before the ending date of the session, you forfeit your fee.
• If a student must cancel a class, they may receive a credit for a future class only if they notify The Barrow Group by email at least ONE week before the first day of class. No credit will be given once a class starts. Class credits are good for one year.
• Class attendance is of the highest importance; therefore excused absences can only be granted for illness (a doctor’s note is required) and family emergencies (documented).
• The teacher and school administration MUST be notified in advance in order to receive an excused absence.
• TBG does not offer monetary credit or refunds for missed classes.
• Due to the nature of the classes, make up classes are not allowed. Students may (depending on the class and scheduling) be allowed to audit (sit in on another class). Email email@example.com to inquire.
• If a student wishes to transfer to a different class, they must notify The Barrow Group by email at least ONE week before the first day of class. No transfers will be allowed after this.
• A student may not transfer to a different class once a class has begun.
• Students may rent our studios, when available, for rehearsals for their classwork. To book student rehearsal space call the box office at 212.760.2615. Bookings must be paid in advance with a credit card.
• The rate for any class-related work is $17/hour, 1 hour minimum. Half hours are possible after the first hour. (1.5 hours for example). We accept debit and credit cards for studio bookings. We do not accept cash.
• For information on rentals for non-class related work for readings, rehearsals or performance rentals in our Studio Theatre or 99 seat Main Stage Theatre, call Porter Pickard, Facilities Director, at (212) 760-2615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you must cancel rehearsal space, do so at least 24 hours in advance or you will be responsible for the rental fee.
• We do accept international students; however, we do not provide assistance with acquiring student visas.
• Those interested in studying at The Barrow Group are welcome to audit a class. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to schedule a time to audit. The first audit is free; after that, audits are $35 per class. Tween and Teen Auditors: to preserve the atmosphere of play and comfort, parents are not permitted inside the studio, only students.
• There are many people that would like to be a part of the Barrow Group Acting School classes, so please do your best to be on time and be memorized and prepared to work.
• We feel very strongly that the best way to learn is by doing.
• As our faculty are all working professional actors, directors and playwrights, we reserve the right to change teachers at any time.
• Upon registration, students agree that TBG can use their image, name, etc for promotional purposes.
• Taking class at The Barrow Group does not guarantee casting in any show or event at TBG.
Grounds for Dismissal
• A student may be asked to leave any program at any time due to absences, lack of payment, inappropriate behavior, sexual harassment, or reasons deemed necessary by the faculty or at the discretion of the School Administration. The Administration is not obligated to provide warning to a student before removing the student from a program. There are no refunds under these circumstances.