- All payments are non-refundable (unless TBG cancels a class).
- Full payment or a deposit of 50% is required in advance in order to secure your spot in a class. The remaining balance is due before the first day of class; otherwise, the credit card on file while automatically be charged the balance on the morning of the first day of class.
- Commitment is for the duration of the session (the full 6, 8, 10, or 11 weeks of class). THERE ARE NO CREDITS OR REFUNDS FOR MISSED CLASSES. If you discontinue any class before the ending date of the session, you forfeit your fee.
- If a student must cancel a full class (the entire class session – 6, 8, 10, or 11 weeks), they may receive a credit for a future class only if they notify The Barrow Group by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least ONE week before the first day of the registered class. No credit will be given once a class starts. Class credits are good for one year.
- Class attendance is of the highest importance. If you must miss class, please let your teacher know.
- Monetary credit or refunds are not given for missed classes.
- Due to the nature of the classes, make up classes are not allowed.
- If a student misses more than 3 classes in a 10-12 week class, or more than 2 classes in a 6-8 week class, the student must retake the class before moving to the next level or must obtain teacher approval before moving to the next level.
- If a student wishes to transfer to a different class, they must notify The Barrow Group by email at email@example.com at least ONE week before the first day of the registered class. No transfers will be allowed after this.
- A student may not transfer to a different class once a class has begun.
- Students may rent our studios, when available, for rehearsals for their classwork. You can book a rehearsal space online, or call our box office at 212.760.2615. Bookings must be paid in advance with a credit card.
- The rate for any class-related work is $17/hour, 1 hour minimum. Half hours are possible after the first hour. (1.5 hours for example). We accept debit and credit cards for studio bookings. We do not accept cash.
- For information on rentals for non-class related work for readings, rehearsals or performance rentals in our Studio Theatre or 99 seat Main Stage Theatre, call Porter Pickard, Facilities Director, at (212) 760-2615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you must cancel rehearsal space, do so at least 24 hours in advance or you will be responsible for the rental fee.
- We do accept international students; however, we do not provide assistance with acquiring student visas.
- Those interested in studying at The Barrow Group are welcome to audit a class. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to schedule a time to audit.
- The first audit is free; after that, audits are $35 per class.
- Audits are not allowed for the first class of each session.
- Tween and Teen Auditors: to preserve the atmosphere of play and comfort, parents are not permitted inside the studio, only students.
- As an auditor, please respect the class in progress: do not arrive late, no eating or texting during class, filming is not allowed.
- There are many people that would like to be a part of the Barrow Group Acting School classes, so please do your best to be on time and be memorized and prepared to work.
- We feel very strongly that the best way to learn is by doing.
- As our faculty are all working professional actors, directors and playwrights, we reserve the right to change teachers at any time.
- Upon registration, students agree that TBG can use their image, name, etc for promotional purposes.
- Taking class at The Barrow Group does not guarantee casting in any show or event at TBG.
- If a class must be canceled due to low registration, we will inform students 5 days in advance.
- TBG is not liable for loss, damage, injury or other liability that may occur to any student or other participant while engaging in outside rehearsal.
Grounds for Dismissal
- A student may be asked to leave any program at any time due to absences, lack of payment, inappropriate behavior, sexual harassment, or reasons deemed necessary by the faculty or at the discretion of the School Administration.
- The Administration is not obligated to provide warning to a student before removing the student from a program.
- There are no refunds under these circumstances.
TBG Anti-Harassment Policy