The Barrow Group is excited to be able to offer a variety of acting and writing classes online, so that people may engage with us from any location. At the heart of the Barrow Group Approach is the desire to promote clear and concise tools for acting, tools that are outlined and published in An Actor’s Companion – 99 Bits of Craft by our Co-Artistic Director and master teacher Seth Barrish. Whether in person or online, our talented faculty of professional teaching artists bring insightful and meaningful instruction to students at every level of experience.
Under normal circumstances we are proud to offer hundreds of in-person opportunities for people to hone their craft or discover a new passion in our arts center in midtown Manhattan. Now, however, in responding to the national health emergency (COVID-19), we have curated a select number of classes that we believe can be offered at the same high quality of instruction and engagement online via the video conferencing tool Zoom.
If you have any questions about the class offerings below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Youth Online Courses
Ages 4-9 Years Old
- 1-Week Kids Writing and Performance Class – Monday-Friday
- 4-Week Kids Explorations in Acting – Saturdays
- Drop-In Classes: Movement, Music, and Stories for Kids – Daily
Ages 10-13 Years Old
- 1-Week Online Youth Writing and Performance Class
- 1-Week Film/TV On Camera for Tweens – Monday-Friday
- 1-Week Improv, Comedy, and Storytelling Games for Tweens – Monday-Friday
- 4-Week Explorations in Acting for Tweens – Saturdays
- 4-Week Performing Arts Schools Audition Prep for Tweens – Saturdays
Ages 14-17 Years Old
Adult Online Courses
Interested in an online class? Check out a free sample class!**
Professional Acting Class
With Seth Barrish and/or Lee Brock
Tuesday, April 7, 2:30pm-5:30pm
Tuesday, April 14, 2;30pm-5:30pm
**registrations are first come first served