Covid policies as of 9/1/22
Our response to Covid-19 as a nation and organization has been ever-evolving for the past two and a half years. In light of what we now know about the Omicron variants, New York City’s high vaccination rate, changing public policy, and shifting public expectations, The Barrow Group is updating its COVID protocols for the Fall term beginning in September 1, 2022 as follows:
- Starting September 1, we will no longer require proof of vaccination.
- Covid vaccination and booster shots have proven to be highly effective in preventing serious illness in most people. If you are eligible, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of vaccination and booster shots.
- We will continue to require masks for in-person classes for our fall 2022 term.
- We will continue to offer online courses where masks are not required.
- Please bring a mask and wear it to enter the building, in all common areas (hallways, restrooms), and in class when you are observing. You may remove your mask to perform in class if you are comfortable doing so (unless you are within 10 days of a Covid diagnosis or exposure).
- Make sure your mask completely covers your nose and mouth. Please note: bandanas or gators are not acceptable masks.
- Without a mask, you will not be able to attend an in-person class.
- New York City allows cultural venues to determine their own policies regarding masking. Thank you for your cooperation in complying with this requirement that has so far kept major Covid spreader events occurring in our facility.
No refunds or credits can be offered for classes missed due to Covid.
TBG reserves the right to move an in-person class online due to Covid-19 exposure and/or confirmed cases in the class. In this case, no credits or refunds will be issued. Should there be a government-mandated closure, The Barrow Group reserves the right to shift in-person classes online. No refunds or credits will be issued in this event. Should there be a government-mandated indoor mask mandate, students would not have the option to remove their mask when performing or working in class. No refunds or credits will be issued in this event.
Please review The Barrow Group’s full training program policies here.
By registering for a class, students also agree to Assumption of Risk, Covid Liability Waiver, and Agreement to Follow Covid Protocols.
Studio Covid Safety Protocols:
- Each studio will have an air purifier
- Each studio will be stocked with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. Students are expected to wipe down the furniture/shared props before and after use.
These policies are subject to change as the virus mutates and public health policy shifts.