Covid policies as of 10/17/22
Our response to Covid-19 as a nation and organization has been ever-evolving for the past two and a half years. Below are updates to our policies starting October 17, 2022.
- Starting September 1, we will no longer require proof of vaccination.
- Covid vaccination and booster shots have proven to be highly effective in preventing serious illness in most people. If you are eligible, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of vaccination and booster shots.
- Starting October 17, we will rescind our mandatory in-class masking policy.
- We are taking this action in light of downward trends in Covid-19 case numbers, mask requirements being lifted on New York public transportation and most indoor venues, as well as the CDC’s loosening of its recommendations around social distancing and lengthy quarantines in August.
- Masks are now optional. If you are more comfortable wearing a mask, you are welcome to do so. And we will still require audiences to wear masks at performances where there are higher concentrations of people in relatively small spaces.
- If you are exposed to or are recovering from Covid, we ask that you wear a mask for the protection of others per CDC guidelines. The CDC also provides guidance for the amount of time you should isolate after a Covid exposure or case, and we ask that you follow those guidelines
- We will continue to offer online courses where masks are not required.
No refunds or credits can be offered for classes missed due to Covid.
TBG reserves the right to move an in-person class online due to Covid-19 exposure and/or confirmed cases in the class. In this case, no credits or refunds will be issued. Should there be a government-mandated closure, The Barrow Group reserves the right to shift in-person classes online. No refunds or credits will be issued in this event. Should there be a government-mandated indoor mask mandate, students would not have the option to remove their mask when performing or working in class. No refunds or credits will be issued in this event.
Please review The Barrow Group’s full training program policies here.
By registering for a class, students also agree to Assumption of Risk, Covid Liability Waiver, and Agreement to Follow Covid Protocols.
Studio Covid Safety Protocols:
- Each studio will have an air purifier
- Each studio will be stocked with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. Students are expected to wipe down the furniture/shared props before and after use.
These policies are subject to change as the virus mutates and public health policy shifts.