Thank you for your interest in The Barrow Group’s Apprentice Program. Auditions are held each year June through August.
The Barrow Group Apprentice Program is a 12 month Internship in which participants receive acting training as well as focused instruction and experience in arts administration and theater production. The training includes acting training from Barrow Group teachers as well as instruction from TBG staff members regarding aspects of arts administration and theater production. In addition to class work, Apprentices gain valuable experience in running an award winning off-Broadway theatre company, meet other industry professionals, and refine their artistic goals.
The apprenticeship begins each September and concludes the following September with an industry invited showcase. Class occurs each week on Thursdays from 2:30pm-6:30pm.
The Apprenticeship is for New York actors looking for continued training in scene study, monologues, on-camera Film & TV, Shakespeare, and script analysis. Performance opportunities include a monologue showing, optional self-produced reading series, and an invited industry showcase.
Application Requirements & Instructions
- Actors applying should be settled in New York
- No stipend or housing provided
- Audition and interview required
- Enrollment fee of $495
- Follow this link to our application form via Google Docs.
- Submissions for the 2018-2019 Apprentice Company will begin June of 2018.
- Please note, once you submit an application, if invited for an audition you will receive an audition. Please no emails or call to the school about the status of your application.