Thank you for your interest in The Barrow Group’s Apprentice Program. Auditions are held each year June through August.
The Barrow Group One-Year Apprentice Program is a year-long acting program taught by Artistic Directors Seth Barrish and Lee Brock. Apprentice members exchange work study hours for class time. In addition to class work, Apprentices gain valuable experience in running an award winning off-Broadway theatre company, meet other industry professionals, and refine their artistic goals.
Work training begins the end of August; classes start in September and culminate in an industry showcase the following September. Class occurs each week on Thursday from 11AM-2:30PM.
The Apprenticeship is for New York actors looking for continued training in scene study, monologues, on-camera Film & TV, Shakespeare, and script analysis. Other Barrow Group Master teachers also contribute to the training throughout the year. Performance opportunities include a monologue showcase, optional self-produced reading series, and an invited industry showcase.
- Actors applying should be settled in New York
- No stipend or housing provided
- Audition and interview required
- Enrollment fee of $50
- Follow this link to our application form via Google Docs. (If the link is not live, applications are not being accepted.)
- Submissions for the 2016-2017 Apprentice Company will begin May of 2016.