NOTE: All slots have been filled for the 2013-14 Apprentice Program. Applications received after July 1, 2013 may be considered for available work study slots in our other classes.
The Barrow Group Apprentice Program is a year long work-study program. Classes start in September and run a full 12 months, culminating in and industry showcase the following September. Training begins the end of August. The program is geared for New York actors looking for ongoing training in scene study, monologues, on-camera film & TV, Shakespeare and script analysis. Classes are taught by Artistic Directors Seth Barrish and Lee Brock as well as other Barrow Group Master Teachers.
Performance opportunities include a monologue showcase, a self-produced reading series and an invited industry showcase. In addition to class work, apprentices gain valuable experience in running an award winning off-Broadway theatre company, meet other industry professionals and refine their artistic goals. Apprentices are required to work a minimum of 8 hours per week at the theatre in exchange for their class time.
- Actors applying should be settled in New York.
- There is no stipend or housing provided.
- Applications are accepted May – July of each year. Acceptance to the program is by audition and interview. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews starting in June.
- There is an enrollment fee required upon acceptance.
- Apprenticeship positions are limited. Applicants for this program may also be considered for work-study opportunities in our other classes.