“I walked through the doors of The Barrow Group and rediscovered not only joy in Acting, but an essential belief in myself.” – Martin Moran, OBIE Winner & Drama Desk Award Nominee
Click on a class below to view a detailed description or view the Barrow Group Acting School upcoming class schedule here.
Scene Study Acting Classes
The heart of the Barrow Group Acting School, in these studio intensives students learn and practice the Barrow Group Acting Approach. To be clear, these are not beginning acting classes– all students begin with Scene Study 1 as that is the start of the progression of training.
· Scene Study Intensive I: The Tools
· Scene Study Intensive II: Self-Adjustment
· Master Classes with Seth Barrish & Lee Brock
These classes are all grounded in the Barrow Group Acting Approach, and are designed for both beginning actors and advanced actors looking to enhance their training.
· Alexander Technique
· Beginners Acting Classes: Levels 1 & 2
· Film & TV On-Camera Classes: Levels 1 & 2
· Monologue Workshop
· Musical Theatre Workshop
· Script Analysis
· Solo-Show Workshop
· Stage Combat
· Theatrical Clown Workshop
· Voice for the Actor
· Playwriting Classes
· Career Coaching for the Arts
TBG Co-Artistic Director and award-winning stage director Seth Barrish leads these workshops, which focus on staging, communication, and the Barrow Group Acting Approach.
· Directors Workshop 1
· Directors Workshop 2
Teen / Tween / Youth / Kids Acting Classes
These youth acting classes focus on the fundamentals of acting as well as the Barrow Group Acting Approach. If you’d like to make an appointment to visit our school and talk with our faculty, please contact Director of Education Robert Serrell at email@example.com (school null@null barrowgroup NULL.org) or 212-760-2615. For those who might be commuting from N.J., The Barrow Group Acting School is only a few blocks away from Port Authority and Penn Station in NYC.
· Teen & Tween Kids Acting Classes, Weekends & After-School
· Weekend Teen & Tween Kids Acting Classes
· After-School Teen & Tween Acting Classes
· On-Camera Film/TV Teen Kids Acting Class
· Teen & Tween Summer Acting Programs
· Teen Improv Class
· Teen Playwriting Class
· Teen Monologue Coaching Class
· Teen & Tween One-Day School Holiday Intensives
· Brooklyn NY Kids Acting Classes
In addition to training actors and directors, The Barrow Group Acting School is known for its excellence in training teachers.
· Designated Barrow Group Acting Teacher Training Program (http://barrowgroup NULL.org/acting-school/classes/teacher-training/tbg-teacher-training)
Weekend Acting Workshops / Private Lessons
Seth Barrish & Lee Brock offer weekend workshops in NYC and around the U.S.
· Weekend Acting Workshops (http://barrowgroup NULL.org/acting-school/classes/weekend-workshops)
· Private Coaching
If you have any questions, please email Robert Serrell, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org (school null@null barrowgroup NULL.org).
Read about the Barrow Group Acting School scene study classes here (http://barrowgroup NULL.org/acting-school/classes/scene-study-class)